Sunday, December 30, 2007

MAYBE IT'S THE BOOZE TALKING....

Kinda boring. Kinda nice. Kinda lonely. Kinda about to be over.

My kids are in East Tx with my mom and the husband went hunting. I had the weekend to myself. It was a spontaneous girl's night on Friday night which was fun but smoky bars are really beginning to annoy me. I hate the way I feel, smell and look after drinking (too much) in a smokey bar. By the way...is it smoky or is it smokey? Since I don't smoke...I don't know so I've spelled it both ways. One is right...you pick.

Quick shout out - NO MORE ROSE STACI!!! It sucks...EVERY TIME!! The booze distorts our rational thinking based on experiences where we know THE ROSE SUCKS. OK...I'm done! Back to the irregularly scheduled blogging.

So Saturday was a day of rest and not much more. I did finally go to the store to start getting things for the New Year's party but didn't begin cleaning like I had hoped. Oh well...Staci is supposed to help with that on Sunday.

So Sunday (yeah today) was a day of cleaning and cooking. I popped a brisket in the oven and let it cook forEVER!! Forever at 250 degrees is perfect timing but can't make up for NOT ENOUGH so I had to go get a ham to make up for that. Now the house is clean and Staci's house is painted...wait....huh? Yeah - I let the wench off the hook....well had she ever been on the hook but on the hook would mean CALLING TO SAY YOUR PAINTING AND WON'T BE COMING OVER TO FULFILL YOUR PROMISE but hey..."she means well"...right? (wink-wink hoo_ _ r)!

Now I'm just waiting for the great white hunters to arrive. They come bearing gifts...no not deer meat...well yeah they've got that but even better - THEY STOPPED AT THE CZECH STOP! Yummy deliciousness....I can't wait for my cream cheese kolaches! I requested at least 2 dozen so I can enjoy one every morning for the next little bit of time (exactly how long is totally dependent upon if I really just eat one in the mornings....I'm doubting that will happen but then again it is the season of diet resolutions).

Well I will close with this...it's a card from a website I found from a website from a website...you know how that goes...anyway the blogger awards linked to a site that linked to the card below which made me laugh.

P.S. I miss my kids and husband even though it probably won't take 5 minutes with any of them to want to immediately ship them back from which they came....the woods of East Tx or the woods of South Tx but for now - I miss them and want them home!

1 comment:

Lesa said...

I agree about smokey, or smoky, whichever. My clothes and hair stunk!!! Staci painted??? I had paint to let her try to see if she liked color...oh well. I'll have to call ya to see how New Years went.... I'll update, sometime.....off to the gym, my week before New Years resolution.... :)