Sunday, October 12, 2008

BUSY WEEK

I know I said I would post daily but as you can see...I lied! Sorry. I know you'll forgive me. All one of you! LOL!! I've been busy.
From Texas State Fair 2008

We went to the fair last Tuesday...the wonderful State Fair of Texas and had a blast with the boys. Everyone (but me) finally rode the Texas Star (ferris wheel) and we all rode the Sky__


We were very anxious to try the chicken fried bacon and finally found it and WOW - it was actually pretty darn tasty although gravy would have been a better dipping choice than ketchup or bbq sauce. But it was good and we devoured it.

Nick got a cowboy hat which looks really good on him. He's turning into quite the little sh*tkicker...hee hee!!

My camera battery died before we made our way to Tex and that made me sad but here's a few other shots before it completely bit the dust.


This weekend we headed to East Texas for the Annual Flight Night which is a charity event that benefits the Tatum High School Education Fund. This was our first time to attend and hopefully not the last. Each year all my friends and family from Tatum tell me how much fun it is and how we need to go so we finally bit the bullet and went. It's held in a hanger at the Gregg County Airport. Some people from Tatum (Kim Smith) own the hangar and he hosts the event. I went to school with his sister Kip and she helps organize it and does a dang good job. It was awesome, the band was awesome and everyone was all dressed up and looking sharp. You eat great food, dance and bid on silent auction items and then there's a live auction. Some of the items auctioned were 4 day hunting trips, NASCAR packages, Standard poodles, 2 carat diamond necklaces, etc, etc. It was fun to hear the auctioneer and see everyone get excited and battle for the prizes. AND WOW - how often do you get to dance to an awesome band and see a runway and airplanes in the background while you get your boogie on! It was everything everyone promised and we were doing it all in the name of charity...awesome!



We drove there in my cousin's Ford King Ranch pick-up (nice) and left there in a limo - kinda nice to hang with people who know people...LOL!! Not to mention Neal McCoy's wife and daughters are among the crowd of people you see in the pics. I don't know them personally but apparently most everyone else I know does one way or another. After the event we went (via limo) to a local bar to celebrate a good friend's 40th birthday and caught a ride back to the airport before heading to eat some afterpartying breakfast! Anyway - we had a blast that had us riding in a kick-ass truck to a kick-ass party, to a kick-ass limo riding to a BIG 4-0 party with friends and then whisked away in a BIG-ass 4-wheel drive...it was a crazy but fun night! Here's some pictures from the evening along with a link to view them all:



From Flight Night 2008

1 comment:

Lesa said...

It looks like a total blast!