Saturday, August 9, 2008

BLAST FROM THE PAST

It's been a busy couple of weeks around our house. So much going on that I can't fit it all in on one posting so I'll start with 2 weeks ago:


Fri, July 25th



  • Work (of course) and then the usual happy hour at our favorite watering hole with the gang!

Tacos

  • Which might have led to other watering holes that we all like to scoot a boot in on occasion!




  • Where I might have found a rose on the floor and stole the bear off of it only to decide I didn't want it and tossed onto the table. Where Staci might have picked it up and wore it only to be confronted by the possible original recipient of apparently very cherished rose (so cherished it was on the floor) and bear who might have been a member of a women's softball team who continued to harass her by sending other team members over to question the bear's origination. But that's another story for another day!

Saturday, July 26th



  • Awakened early by my dear husband who (in his defense) made coffee and fetched breakfast so we could begin our day of packing and preparing for a journey to East Texas for my class reunion.
  • Last minute eyebrow waxing and clothes shopping for a shirt for the husband which lead to $250 worth of clothes and shoes for hubby! OK $50 of MIGHT have been mine but still.....it is MY reunion and I deserve new stuff too!!
  • Trip to DFW Airport to pick up Nick who was returning from his yearly summer vacation at his dad's in sunny Southern California!
  • Travel to Longview to meet my mom at Longview exit off of I-20 to transfer Nick & Libby Lu to her (she already had Garrett) and head to Michelle's to get dressed!
  • Leon's Steakhouse & Saloon (Tatum High School's Multi-Year Reunion for classes of 1981 - 1991) - that's the kinda place where all upstanding small-town hick schools have their reunion isn't it? Hee Hee...Regardless of where it was it was a blast and I was so glad to get to see so many friends from the past. And I must say...WOW - I didn't realize so many East Texas gals believed in plastic the way they do!! = )


Most of the gang!!



I think I was hungry and maybe Risa's ear looked tasty????








Yeah my husband had the camera!







Funny part is 5 of us in this pic are related either by blood or by marriage!



Me and Michelle-BFF's...well almost forever...over 30 years!



  • Memphis (not the city the bar) for an After Reunion Cool Kid's Party!! D'wayne did a little karaokeing and my cuz helped him out!


All in all it was a good time and I can't wait for the next one!

1 comment:

Lesa said...

FINALLY! It was great to see ya last night...