WHAT ARE YOU LOOKING AT?
We had Arzola Family Fun Day on Tuesday!!! We started off the day with breakfast in what I must say is the friendliest Whataburger I’ve ever set foot in (Camp Wisdom Rd in Duncanville off of Hwy 67)! I was hungry, needed caffeine and therefore pretty darn grouchy and after food, caffeine and such friendliness by staff and guests there I was in a much better place and ready for “family fun day”!
After breakfast we hit the road to Glen Rose, Texas and Fossil Rim Wildlife Park was our first stop. It took us about 2 hours (from Sachse) to get there. They had all kinds of deer and deerlike creatures. There were wildabeasts (sp?), zebras, rhinos and my personal favorite GIRAFFES, just to name a few! The funniest part of the day was the ostrich. I knew it was coming (this wasn’t my first rodeo…errr….drive-thru zoo) but didn’t warn anyone in the car about it because that just takes away from the surprise! Hee Hee…yes I’m evil like that. If you’ve never been to such a place – let me tell you – the ostriches have no fear of you and will stick their long ugly heads into your vehicle in search of the “snacks”! Well they did and it totally freaked Garrett out! Those were his words to us – “that thing freaks me out.” Anyway, he went from the back seat to the front seat in a second flat…LOL!!! Luckily before we left we passed more and by this time and after feeding everything (including the zebras your NOT SUPPOSED TO HAND FEED DAD!!!!) he was a little more brave and after much prodding and begging (and me reluctantly feeding the ostrich…I won’t lie – that freaks me out too) – we finally talked him into sticking his hand out with dad’s hand along side and feeding the ostrich. As you can see by the photo below he agreed but wouldn’t look…his other hand is covering his eyes! You can see all 500+ photos by clicking on the photo or maybe the link below it:
| From Arzola Family... |
After that we headed to check out the real dinosaur tracks at Dinosaur Valley State Park. It was cool looking although not much hoopla – not sure what I expected but hiking down the side of a hill and climbing over rocks at a river’s edge at 3pm in 95 degree heat with a zillion percent humidity wasn’t exactly what I pictured. Luckily that was just the tracks at site 1, the tracks at site 2 (although less obvious as to what they were) were easier to get to with steps and all and site 3 was pretty much barred from public viewing for some reason. Although I did sneak around the barrier quickly (yes I’m a rebel like that) and took a pic of the only thing I could see that closely resembled anything dinosaur trackish looking…still not sure about it. And that was that at Dino Valley State Park!
Next we were off to Dinosaur World just up the road! It’s a neat place if you have a dinosaur lover in the family. Garrett might become one but right now he’s not really that concerned. They had tons of huge (dino-sized) dinosaur replicas on a tour/walk you take. They also have a museum with real replicas of dinosaur fossils, eggs, teeth, etc that was pretty cool to see. The best part for Garrett was the digging for fossils he got to do. Actually me and German enjoyed this as well. They let us help him and you dig for 15 minutes and then you get to take your favorite 3 items you find. Garrett chose a couple of shark teeth and a rock with snail fossils in it!
Well that was pretty much our family fun day! I think we all had fun and I would say that Fossil Rim Wildlife Park was the best part and I would highly recommend it to anyone – kids and adults! Besides the animals, just admiring the South Texas landscape is always a treat for me and you get to see it from above as you drive through the park!
1 comment:
looks like a blast! I am still cracking up at the picture where Garrett is sitting on the dash trying to get away from that thing! I'm thinking how in the world is German driving....
Post a Comment