Tuesday, February 19, 2008

What's Another Word for Thesaurus?


I just completed a crossword puzzle book for a fellow employee here who is in the hospital recovering from a life-long condition that occasionally causes him to have attacks. They've been more frequent lately and we are all praying for him and his family daily. If you happen to have a spare moment-your prayers for this talented and sweet guy would certainly be appreciated.

Sometimes when this happens we put together a care package full of fun and quirky things for him to help cheer him up since we can't be there to do it in person. He's a funny guy and enjoys funny things. You never know what will be in the box of goodies - it's food, snacks, puzzles, coloring books, weird books, just quirky in general. Last time i made him a super hero coloring book and coiled/spiraled it all together with his name on it.

This time - I decided to go a step farther - I made him a crossword puzzle with everyone's name from our company as the solutions. Our creative team and writers helped me come up with the clues and it turned out awesome and quite funny as well. I also did a word search with all our clients names because well...he may be in recovery but work continues on here for us and we want him to really feel like he's here with us right? Hee Hee!! I then asked our creative team for some pictures and WHOA I sometime forget what a funny guy our Adam is and got this funny picture of him as a car salesman from the 70's and turned it into the cover of the puzzle book (I also printed out random crosswords and word searches to beef it up) that I once again spiraled and stuffed in the care package. I think it turned out awesome and I hope he will get as big a kick out of having it as I did making it!

1 comment:

Lesa said...

well, that sounds awesome!!! If I am ever in the hospital you are in charge of my entertainment!!!